Master project. Scientific article of approx. 10.000 words
|Course code module||1MFVM010|
|Semester:||1st and 2nd semester|
|Study load (hours)||420|
|Language of instruction:||Dutch|
|Semester exam information:||exam in the 1st and/or 2nd semester|
|Contract restriction information:|
The master project integrates the research skills acquired by the students during their academic education. The topic of the master project must be in agreement with the courses followed in the master program.
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
The master project is an independent scientific paper written on the basis of a study of the relevant literature and autonomous research. Students must be able to
- independently define the research questions and the problem of their investigation;
- base their research on scientifically justified source material;
- build up a clear and systematic argumentation with respect to the problem and the hypotheses advanced in the essay;
- select and make use of the appropriate research methods;
- formulate their conclusions in a well structured, clearly written text, in keeping with the demands of the discipline the topic of their essay belongs to.
3. Course content
The master project treats a topic related to one of the disciplines treated in the master program.
4. Teaching method
Personal work: Paper - individual
5. Assessment method
Written assignment: With oral presentation
6. Compulsory reading – study material
7. Recommended reading - study material
Master projects are supervised on a individual basis by a promotor (a professor, or an associated researcher with a doctorate’s degree).
laatste aanpassing: last update: 17/11/2009 10:26 sonja.vos