Environmental Policy in the European Union
|Course code module||MAMILI01A51130|
|Study load (hours)||84|
|Language of instruction:||Dutch|
|Semester exam information:||exam in the 1st semester|
|Contract restriction information:||faculty decision|
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
- To create basic knowledge with respect to EU decision-making in general and decision-making in EU environmental policy in particular
- To be able to analyse empirical and secondary academic sources with respect to European integration and European environmental policy
- To apply basic knowledge to a single case-study through a paper
3. Course content
This course is an introduction in the environmental policy of the European Union. It deals with history and contents of European environmental policy, it offers an overview of the European policy-cycle, including the national components and it contains an introduction to searching for and applying EU information sources. The core of the course consists of the application of the theoretical knowledge to a case study from the environmental policy field through a paper.
4. Teaching method
Direct contact: Lectures
Personal work: Paper - individual
5. Assessment method
Written assignment: With oral presentation
6. Compulsory reading – study material
Course notes and PowerPoint handouts through Blackboard.
7. Recommended reading - study material
Jordan, A., (2002). Environmental Policy in the European Union: Actors, Institutions and Processes. London, Earthscan.
McCormick, J. (2001). Environmental Policy in the European Union. Basingstoke, Palgrave
weekly office hours
laatste aanpassing: last update: 09/06/2010 16:06 peter.bursens