In the Masters year of the Programme of Applied Economics and Commercial Engineer, students get to choose from a number of Majors. Each major is a specialisation in which to graduate. The Major of Transport Economics and Logistics is one of those.
From Academic year 2007-2008 onwards, the BaMa structure is fully implemented, and the Major of Transport Economics and Logistics is supplied in the Industrial Economics program, the renewed Commercial Engineer program as well as the Commercial Engineer Policy ICT program. For Industrial Economics, the Major looks like this. For Commercial Engineer, the Major looks like this. For Commercial Engineer Policy ICT , it looks like this.
Within the Major of Transport Economics and Logistics, the Department aims at students intending to start a career as:
- junior transport consultants being sent out towards transport or port companies or towards companies looking for transport solutions;
- higher management within a logistics and transport company, in a position to decide or advise upon cost calculation, pricing, vehicle or cargo handling equipment investment, acquisition or application of fleet management software, supply of liner services, choice of ports of call, etc.;
- management within a company calling for external transport or organising own transport, where they decide on inventory management rules, just-in-time transport, provisioning and delivery procedures, etc.;
- junior consultants to public authorities dealing with transport policy topics;
- members of research departments of banks, public bodies, ports, public transport companies, parastatals or political parties, where they do research on transport, ports, and airports.
Click here to see a Powerpoint presentation on the Major of Transport Economics and Logistics, including course structure and choice options.
Information on the master thesis (masterproef) in the Major of Transport Economics and Logistics is available here.
The Major course scheme looks like follows for 2010-2011:
- for Industrial Economics: 1st semester and 2nd semester .
- for Commercial Engineer, 1st Master year: 1st semester and 2nd semester
- for Commercial Engineer, 2nd Master year: 1st semester and 2nd semester
- for Commercial Engineer Policy ICT, 1st Master year: 1st semester and 2nd semester
- for Commercial Engineer Policy ICT, 2nd Master year: 1st semester and 2nd semester
The exam rules can be found here
Glossary of Shipping and Financial Terms . Bestellen via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Business meets school : hét jobevent voor de student in transport en logistiek
Business meets potential : hét jobevent voor wie al enige ervaring heeft in transport en logistiek