Courses Antwerp Doctoral School
Currently you can still register for the following courses: Academic Writing, Applied Communication & presentation skills. This month the registration period for the following courses will start: an extra session Presentation Skills & 2 extra sessions Academic Writing.
More info on
the content and the registration can be found on the
ADS website. Registration is only possible through
the new self service on the website.
Interuniversity courses and activities
Collaboration Flemish Doctoral Schools
At the end of last year, the Flemish government approved a subsidy for the Flemish universities to support initiatives for young researchers. Part of this subsidy will be used for collaboration between (at least 3) Flemish universities. Do you, as a PhD student, (want to) organize such an activity and you need some financial support? Then you can still respond to
this call (Dutch). Following interuniversity activities are already planned:
- PhD Career Focus (Humanities). 19th and 26th of April, 3rd and 10th of May 2012 (Brussels).
More info and registration
- Doctoral seminar Social sciences. 21-23 May 2012 (Brussels).
- From PhD to Job Market (Social sciences and Humanities). 21 September 2012. More info will follow.
- PhD Event – Job opportunities at the Boston Consulting group. 7th March (Brussels).
- PhD seminar “Doing fieldwork in developing countries: methodological challenges”. 7th March (Antwerpen, IOB) .
- OPINNO (Biotech). 7th March and 23th May (Antwerp and Ghent).
- UZA research club. Lectures 7, 14, 21, 28 March
Calls for PhD students
- Lisbon Summer School for the Study of Culture: Peripheral Modernities. 9-14 July 2012.
- UCSIA Summer School "Culture, Religion and Society". 26 August - 2 September 2012 (Antwerp).
- UCSIA international workshop “Beauty: Commons vs. Contests”. 24-26 Oct. 2012 (Antwerpen).
- UCSIA Re-imagining Imprisonment in Europe - Scribani Conference 5-7 September 2012 (Dublin, Ireland).
The PhD survival guide
For and by PhD students!
Dr. Leonardo Almeida-Souza and dr. Jonathan Baets, two former PhD students at the University of Antwerp, wrote a usefull
PhD Survival Guide “with the intention to reach and help as many PhD students as possible.” An excerpt: “Some years ago, one of us was talking to an acclaimed scientist who suddenly stopped mid-conversation and said: “Can I give you some advice? Learn to ignore your supervisor.”
Did you know...?
that the most recent updates on events, seminars, courses, vacancies, … can be found on the
calendar of the website of the Antwerp Doctoral School?
Antwerp Doctoral School
Antwerp Doctoral School
You want to announce events for your colleague PhD students?
Send your texts and photo’s to:
Wens je deze nieuwsbrief in het Nederlands te ontvangen?
Zend een mailtje naar Kristien.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link in the e-mail