Courses Antwerp Doctoral School
The Early Bird registration for the following ADS-courses goes from April 6th
until April 22nd 2012: Leadership and teamwork (2 sessions), Presentation
skills, Giving presentations, Applied Communication (2 sessions), Scientific
reasoning, and Academic English (new!).
This month the last registration period
for Academic writing, Applied Communication and mindmapping will start.
Currently you can still register for the ADS-courses:
Leadership and teamwork
and Presentation skills (last registration period)!
More info on
the content and the registration can be found on the
ADS website. Registration is only possible through
the new self service on the website.
Interuniversity courses and activities
Collaboration Flemish Doctoral Schools
Following interuniversity activities are planned:
- PhD Career Focus (Humanities). 19th and 26th of April, 3rd and 10th of May
More info and registration
- Workshop Entrepreneurship in Life
science. 7, 8, 10 en 11 mei 2012 (Brussel).
- Doctoral seminar Social
sciences. 21-23 May 2012 (Brussels).
- From PhD to Job Market (Social
sciences and Humanities). 21 September 2012.
More info will follow
- UZA research club. Lectures. 18 en 25 april (Antwerpen).
- 2nd NanoSensEu symposium about Trends and Technologies in Biosensor Development.
25 April (Hasselt).
- The American post-doctoral experience: what you should you know! 4 May (Leuven).
- Knowledge for growth (OPINNO, Biotech). 24 May (Gent).
more info and registration
- SOUL12: Summer School on Open and Usable Learning 2012. 8-15 July (Corfu,
- International conference on science communication. 4 tot 7 september
Calls for PhD students
- Risk and uncertainty in changing society (UCSIA). 22-23 November (Antwerp).
- Beyond open acces: open education, open data and open knowledge (LERU Doctoral
Summer School). 8-13 July (Barcelona).
A meeting with your future employer?
Launching Adviesraad Antwerp Doctoral School
Curious to know which organizations would like to hire you as a
doctor? Maybe you would like to meet them? You can! On April 16th the Antwerp
Doctoral School presents its advisory board, with members from different
organizations and companies interested in PhD’s. Biologist and journalist Dirk
Draulans will moderate the panel conversation and will do the presentation. Do you want to know more about
this event (in dutch!), go to
Did you know...?
the Antwerp Doctoral School offers more services through its online self service
(blackboard) every day? At this moment there is a pilot project in the faculty
PSW and the biomedical department to make the progress reporting go
automatically through Blackboard. Important to know is all communication sent
from the self is only possible with your student-mailbox. Not all PhD students
are also member of the personnel of the university. Do you want to know how you
can forward your mails from your student-mailbox to another mailbox?
Antwerp Doctoral School
Antwerp Doctoral School
You want to announce events for your colleague PhD students?
Send your texts and photo’s to:
Wens je deze nieuwsbrief in het Nederlands te ontvangen?
Zend een mailtje naar Kristien.email@example.com
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link in the e-mail