Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute (CAPRI)
The Collaborative Antwerp Psychiatric Research Institute (CAPRI) is a scientific research centre of (neuro-)psychiatry and mental health.
Research takes place in the field of adult as well as child- and adolescent psychiatry at the University of Antwerp, department Medicine.
Mission & vision
Our aim is to perform scientific research in the field of medical psychology and psychiatry.
This refers to all activities of research concerning clinical psychiatry and clinical psychology focused on psychiatric disorders in children, adults and the elders.
We conduct scientific research in the distinct fields of (neuro-) psychiatry at
- the University of Antwerp,
- the Department of Psychiatry of the University Hospital Antwerp (UZA),
- Campus UCKJA (Universitair Centrum Kinder- en Jeugdpsychiatrie),
- Campus Stuivenberg of Ziekenhuis Netwerk Antwerpen, and
- the Psychiatric Hospital St-Norbertushuis (Duffel).
The purpose of this scientific research is to understand the basics that underlie specific psychiatric disorders, in order to improve diagnostics and treatment.
This research is executed from different angles, e.g. epidemiology, genetics, cognitive neuroscience, experimental psychopathology and psychoneuropharmacology.
Subjects and method
Current research domains are:
- Child and Youth Psychiatry,
- Cognitive and Psychomotor Dysfunctions in Schizophrenia,
- Cognitive and Psychomotor Dysfunctions in Major Depressive Disorder,
- Consultation and Liaison Psychiatry,
- Addiction Psychiatry,
- Forensic Psychiatr,y
- and Psychotherapy.