Tel: 023 8059 3418 (direct)
Fax: 023 8059 3024
- LLB (Edin) 1973; PhD (Cantab) 1981. Reader in Education Law.
United Kingdom - University of Southampton
His main research interests relate to administrative law and human rights, focusing in particular on the governance of education and the rights of children and parents in the context of education. He is the author of Government, Schools and the Law, Routledge (1992) and is Co-Editor of the quarterly Journal, Education and the Law, Taylor and Francis / Carfax. He is a member of the Executive Board of the European Association for Education Law and Policy and of the Editorial Board of the European Journal for Education Law and Policy.
- 'Judicial Review and Education' in Brigid Hadfield (Ed.), Judicial Review: a Thematic Approach, Gill & Macmillan (1995), pp. 67-98.
- 'Schulautonomie in England unter der konservativen Regierung und unter 'New Labour''  4 Recht der Jugend und des Bildungswesens 351-361.
- 'The Fall and Rise of Local Education Authorities' in Neville Harris (Ed.), Education Law: New Structures, New Rights, New Remedies,  XX(1) Liverpool Law Review 41-62.
- 'Incorporation of the European Convention on Human Rights into UK Law: Implications for Education'  2(1) European Journal for Education Law and Policy 7-23.
- (With Neville Harris) 'Success Against the Odds' The Legislative Response to Under-Achievement in Urban Schools in England and Wales' in Piet Akkermans, Jan De Groof and Hilde Pennemen (Eds.), Education Law and Policy in an Urban Society, Kluwer Law International (1999).