|Course code module||1MBMW-K-029|
|Study load (hours)||168|
|Instructor(s)||Luuk Van Waes|
|Language of instruction:||Dutch|
|Semester exam information:||semester exam in January|
|Contract restriction information:|
Dutch: proficiency level.
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
Upon completion of course, students should be able to prepare and deliver effective oral and written communication for business situations and be able to apply business communication strategies and principles:
- To plan the message by defining purpose, analyzing audience, selecting channel and medium;
- To organize and compose the message by selecting appropriate organizational formats;
- To revise the message by editing, rewriting, producing and proofreading.
3. Course content
Introduction to management and business communication in Dutch. Different topics of professional communication (oral and written; internal and external communication) are dealt with.
4. Teaching method
Direct contact: LecturesTutorialsSkills training
Personal work: ExercisesAssignments - individualAssignments - in groupCase studies - in groupSupervised self-study
5. Assessment method
Continuous assessment: ExercisesAssignmentsCase studies(Interim) tests
Portfolio: Without oral presentation
6. Compulsory reading – study material
7. Recommended reading - study material
laatste aanpassing: last update: 12/12/2007 11:00 annick.debroey