|Course code module||1MCW_S40|
|Study load (hours)||168|
|Language of instruction:||Dutch|
|Semester exam information:||exam in the 2nd semester|
|Contract restriction information:|
No specific prerequisites required.
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
- The students know the different subfields of health communication and their most important theories .
- The students are able to apply their theoretical knowledge and to evaluate cases.
- The students can find relevant scientific information with regard to health communication and are able to intgrate this infirmation within their existing knowledge frame.
3. Course content
This course focuses on different aspects of health communication. The following topics will be addressed: interpersonal communication between patients and health providers, health promotion campaigns, portrayals of health in the mass media (fiction and non-fiction) , communication about health risks, the search for health information by individuals, and e-health applications.
4. Teaching method
Direct contact: Lectures
Personal work: Project-based work - in group
5. Assessment method
Exam: Oral, with written preparation
Continuous assessment: Assignments
6. Compulsory reading – study material
Reader provided by the lecturer.
7. Recommended reading - study material
Students may contact Heidi Vandebosch for further information/ with questions via e-mail (email@example.com).
laatste aanpassing: last update: 25/11/2009 10:15 sonja.vos