Introduction to psychology
|Course code module||FTEBAVS13A|
|Study load (hours)||84|
|Language of instruction:||Dutch|
|Semester exam information:||exam in the 2nd semester|
|Contract restriction information:|
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
- To gain insight in the fundamental psychological processes and to appreciate current research in Psychology.
- To prepare students to apply psychology research in a management setting
3. Course content
The unit of analysis is the individual. Topics that are covered include: neurosciences, consciousness, learning, cognition, emotion, personality, and social psychology.
Occasionally, class exercises or short experiments are conducted to illustrate certain psychological processes, or to illustrate how science is done.
We elaborate on the scientific metod to build theory in Psychology.
We examine the applications of psychological research and abide by Kurt Lewin's saying that "nothing is as practical as a good theory."
4. Teaching method
Direct contact: Lectures
Personal work: Assignments - individual
5. Assessment method
Exam: Written, without oral presentationClosed bookMultiple choice
6. Compulsory reading – study material
Course syllabus by Carolyn Declerck
7. Recommended reading - study material
laatste aanpassing: last update: 23/09/2010 15:48 ilke.franquet