|Course code module||1BBIR-43|
|Study load (hours)||84|
|Semester exam information:||exam in the 1st semester|
|Contract restriction information:|
- Basic mathematics
- Elementary computer skills (starting up and turning down a computer, launching and closing of applications, manipulation of documents and files, browinsg the web, receiving and sending of e-mail)
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
By the end of this course the students should have acquired the basic computer skills they will need during their further education, i.e. the use of applications for statistical and graphical data manipulation and basic skills concerning the querying of large databases.
3. Course content
Concretely this entails:
- Use statistical applications (e.g. Excel) to support laboratory experiments.
- Use of SQL to query databases (e.g. Access).
4. Teaching method
Direct contact: LecturesExercise sessions
5. Assessment method
Exam: Written, without oral presentationOpen bookPractical exam
6. Compulsory reading – study material
7. Recommended reading - study material
Dr. Ekaterina Vladislavleva (email@example.com)
Supervisor of practical sessions:
Jan Vlegels [ hhttp://www.ua.ac.be/main.aspx?c=jan.vlegels] and other assistants of the department of Computer Science
laatste aanpassing: last update: 24/09/2010 15:14 ekaterina.vladislavleva