|Course code module||3BBIO-PROJ-01|
|Study load (hours)||84|
Gudrun De Boeck
|Language of instruction:||Dutch|
|Semester exam information:||exam in the 1st and/or 2nd semester|
|Contract restriction information:||exam and credit contract not possible|
- it is based on data obtained during one of the field or laboratory training coarses
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
The student will be able to realise a research project based on a limited, and not necessarily original, scientific hypothesis. The student will be able to plan and execute an experiment and be able to analyse the results obtained. Finally, the student is expected to interpret the data in view of scientific literature on the subject and to report the results and conclusion.
3. Course content
- the student studies the appropiate literature - he/she develops a working plan and translates this to a set up of experiments - results will be analyzed - results give birth to a written report and an oral presentation
4. Teaching method
Personal work: Assignments - in groupPaper - in groupProject-based work - in group
5. Assessment method
Written assignment: With oral presentation
6. Compulsory reading – study material
to be advised by different tutors
7. Recommended reading - study material
To be advised by different tutors
Happens at regular intervals by the tutors of each project who will evaluate the progress of the report at simple request of the students. The initiative to ask for such an evaluation and to make an appointement is the responsability of the students.
The professors involved can be contacted via their e-mail.
laatste aanpassing: last update: 08/01/2010 14:11 louis.beyens