1. Command of general managerial tasks in the social service sector in order to optimize care.
2. The capacity for scientific, innovative and creative functioning in a multidisciplinary complex and uncertain context of nursing and obstetric care.
General scientific competences
3. The ability to apply general research methods and techniques to systematically evaluate the professional situation.
4. The ability to use statistical techniques and software for systematically and efficiently collecting and processing health care data.
5. The ability to consult and interpret scientific literature on health care and the ability to report about it.
6. The ability to set up and carry out small-scale applied scientific research in nursing and obstetric care.
Competences related to scientific disciplines
7. From a profound knowledge of physiopathological processes give adequate nursing and obstetric care.
8. Knowing and mastering relevant care processes in nursing and obstetrics and the ability to situate them in the current context of nursing and obstetric theory formation.
9. Thorough knowledge of and insight into the organization of health care in Belgium and in the rest of Europe.
Competences for independently performing scientific research and for independent use of scientific knowledge at the level of a junior profesional
10. Integration of clinical and nursing knowledge in view of the autonomous application, development and coordination of nursing and obstetric care processes: Leading and coordinating direct patient care in a multidisciplinary context in view of enhancing quality of care.