|Course Code :||1011FLWTLS|
|Study domain:||Linguistics and Proficiency|
|Semester:||Semester: 2nd semester|
|Study load (hours):||112|
|Contract restrictions: ||Exam contract not possible|
|Language of instruction :||Spanish|
|Exam period:||exam in the 2nd semester|
At the start of this course the student should have acquired the following competences:
An active knowlegde of :
language of instruction = SpanishA passive knowledge of :Specific prerequisites for this course:
- to have a good knowledge of Spanish grammar
- to have a good level of written and spoken Spanish
- to have a basic knowledge of general and/or Spanish linguistics
- to have good analytical skills
2. Learning outcomes
- to acquire understanding of and insight into the research domain of Spanish linguistics (synchronic view)
- to acquire specific knowledge on the topics which will be treated.
- to be able to make a critical analysis of the treated topics.
- to be able to look for bibliography on a specific linguistic subject.
- to be able to read and understand a linguistic article.
- to have worked in group.
3. Course contents
This course will treat different topics from Spanish morphology, semantics and syntax, from a synchronic point of view. Optimizing analytic skills is worked on along the course. The list of possible items is established in such a way that it helps students to get a better active proficiency of Spanish.
4. Teaching method
Class contact teaching: LecturesPractice sessions
Personal work: ExercisesAssignments:In groupPaper: IndividuallyPaper: In group
5. Assessment method and criteria
Examination: Oral with written preparation
6. Study material
Complementary Spanish grammars and linguistic articles (available in the university library or made available by the instructor)
The following study material can be studied on a voluntary basis:
Supplementary Spanish grammars and linguistic articles
7. Contact information
(+)last update: 02/08/2011 10:15 gretel.decuyper