|Course Code :||1005FLWTLF|
|Study domain:||Linguistics and Proficiency|
|Semester:||Semester: 2nd semester|
|Study load (hours):||112|
|Contract restrictions: ||No contract restriction|
|Language of instruction :||French|
|Exam period:||exam in the 2nd semester|
|Tutor(s)||Walter De Mulder|
At the start of this course the student should have acquired the following competences:
- Competences corresponding the final attainment level of secondary school
An active knowlegde of :A passive knowledge of :
Specific prerequisites for this course:
- General knowledge of the use of a PC and the Internet
A good active and passive knowledge of contemporary French (such as at the end of secondary school) to be able to attend the classes and to actively participate in the course.
2. Learning outcomes
- acquire an overview of linguistics in general and French linguistics in particular
- learn to formulate and solve a linguistic problem
- gain insight in the phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and grammatical semantics of contemporary French
- get acquainted with contemporary French grammars
To learn to apply elementary linguistic descriptive and research techniques in phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax of contemporary French.
3. Course contents
- introduction to the study of phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and grammatical semantics of contemporary French, with applications to concrete linguistc problems.
- (critical) presentation of the most important grammars of contemporary French.
4. Teaching method
Class contact teaching: LecturesPractice sessionsSeminarsTutorials
Personal work: ExercisesAssignments:Individually
5. Assessment method and criteria
Examination: Written with oral presentationClosed bookOpen-question
Continuous assessment: Assignments
6. Study material
M. Riegel, J.-C. Pellat, R. Rioul, Grammaire méthodique du français, Paris, PUF (éd. Quadrige).
The following study material can be studied on a voluntary basis:
7. Contact information
Walter De Mulder, (CST-) R-110, e-mail: email@example.com, 03/265.45.60.
(+)last update: 30/04/2012 09:15 walter.demulder