- have a good command of English
- be a doctoral student or young postdoctoral researcher in theology, the humanities, the social sciences, or in other disciplines if engaged in relevant research
- have relevant (research) experience in one of the topics discussed during the UCSIA summer school.
- Fulfilment of formal eligibility requirements
- A well written research paper on one of the topics mentioned in the call for papers
- Academic qualifications
The selection of 30 participants will be made on a competitive basis. In the selection, the profile of the selected group of participants as a whole will be taken into account. The purpose is to select a group that is as complementary and multidisciplinary as possible.
The applications will be reviewed by the selection committee headed by Dr. Christiane Timmerman, Project Supervisor and Academic Director of Academic Affairs of CeMIS, University Antwerp. The selection committee will be compound of scholars and researchers from various disciplines of the University of Antwerp.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additional information may be requested from qualified candidates in order to ensure competitive assessment of the candidates.
UCSIA will fund the following for selected participants:
- tuition fee
- study materials
- lodging and meals while in Antwerp
In principal, participants should pay for their own travel expenses to Antwerp. However a limited number of (partial) travel grants
is available for participants who are unable to fund their own travel and are not eligible to apply for a travel grant in their host institutions (for further details, click here
For further information
Please contact Ms. Sara Mels: