The governing bodies of TransportNET are:
- Scientific and Management Committee (SMC)
- Accreditation Committee (AC)
- General Assembly (GA)
The SMC is responsible for:
- General co-ordination of the network;
- Preparing and presenting the yearly plans and activity reports to the GA;
- Proposing Quality Standards to the GA and controlling their respect in all TransportNET Programmes, Courses, and Publications;
- Proposing priority Research Streams to the GA and stimulating common Research Activities along those Streams;
- Preparing and presenting the yearly plans and Activity Reports to the GA;
- Approving the proposals of all Education, Training and Research Projects to be executed within the framework of TransportNET;
- Giving advice on the performance assessment method to evaluate TransportNET members;
- External relations and representation including funding;
- Network communications;
- Economic and financial management of TransportNET activities.
The AC is responsible for:
- Develop and propose performance Assessment Methods for Members and Evaluation Criteria for new
- Candidates according to international standards.
- Undertaking yearly performance assessment of all members.
- Evaluating applications from new members
The GA is responsible for:
- Approving yearly plans and activity reports presented by the SMC;
- Approving Quality Standards developed by the SMC for each of the activities undertaken within the TransportNET framework;
- Approving priority research streams for subsequent work by TransportNET;
- Approving the performance assessment method to evaluate TransportNET members;
- Deciding on the admission or exclusion of TransportNET members;
- Deciding on any matters relevant for TransportNET not specifically allocated to the other governing bodies.