|Course code module||MREC20070-A|
|Study load (hours)||84|
|Language of instruction:||Dutch|
|Semester exam information:||exam in the 1st semester|
|Contract restriction information:|
Bachelor degree in law
2. Objectives (expected learning outcomes)
This course has four objectives:
1. to gain insight in the completion, construction and working of legislation,
2. to analyse legislation and to review it in the light of principles of proper regulation
3. to develop a basic skill in the drafting of regulations
4. to have eye for legal and extra-legal problems concerning legislation
3. Course content
This course studies legislation and complexes of legislation. It treats, among others:
the legislative process, including evaluation of legislation;
the analysis of laws: their temporal functions, their construction;
problems of complexes of legislation: their ordening and deregulation.
Also problems like the democratic quality of law, the role of the courts in the legislative process and instruments and techniques like the referendum are questioned.
4. Teaching method
Direct contact: Tutorials
Personal work: Assignments - individualAssignments - in groupSupervised self-study
5. Assessment method
Exam: Oral, without written preparationOpen bookOpen questions
Written assignment: With oral presentation
6. Compulsory reading – study material
The reader and lawbooks. Other material will appear on Blackboard.
7. Recommended reading - study material
P. Popelier, De wet juridisch bekeken, Brugge, die Keure, 2004.
Prof. Patricia Popelier
Venusstraat 23 room 126
laatste aanpassing: last update: 10/06/2010 11:13 patricia.popelier